Tuesday 30 September 2014

Poem by L. Wayne Russell

TRANSGRESSIONS
(C) L.W. Russell 2014


The world’s soul has gone incognito
as the devil incarnate.

Angels lay stagnant at the bottom
of my shot glass.

In between inaudible words are
spoken, air bubbles surface; frantic.

The cries of angels begin to fade.
One by one a begging ghost can be
seen cutting through the lukewarm
surface of my straight bourbon.

And now I know, what was pure in
my life has become no more.

The angels lie in the bottom of their
liquid coffin, wings motionless,
voices silent.

Father forgive me, for I have sinned...

again and again and again....

I cannot seem to stop this madness!

help me...

the angels have but all disappeared from
my life...

One by one by one they go, sinking into
the depths of a past that they can never
come back from.


* for all those I have lost to alcohol, may you rest in eternal peace*

No comments:

Post a Comment